BACK TO ALL ARTICLES
We’re looking for a new Communications Manager
ECLAS is looking for a skilled communications manager to cover parental leave.
The Communications Manager works with ECLAS Directors to develop communications strategy, and implements that strategy with the central team at Durham. Key tasks include managing the ECLAS media and social media presence, advising grantees on communications, and assisting the central team in planning and running ECLAS events.
Job title: Communications Manager (Parental Leave Cover)
Responsible to: Revd Prof David Wilkinson, ECLAS Project Director
Responsible for: Coordinating external communications and supporting project activities
Grade: Grade 7, St John’s College graded pay scale
Salary: £35,333 per annum (Whole Time Equivalent)
Contract type: Fixed term: 1 March 2023 – 29 February 2024, (Parental Leave Cover), 0.8 WTE.
Working arrangements: 4 days per week, based at St John’s College Durham, with the option of working up to 50% of contracted hours from home.
Benefits: 27 days annual leave plus statutory holiday and Durham University customary days, pro rata. St John’s College Group Personal Pension Plan.
Closing date: 5pm, Wednesday 1 February 2023.
Expected interview date: Friday 10th February 2023.
- The external communications of the overall Project liaising with the Project team and developing external opportunities to fulfill the outcomes and outputs of the project
- To develop content for and maintain ECLAS media presence promoting science-engaged theology
- To assist awardees in the Scientists in Congregations and Science for Seminaries programmes to identify communications opportunities in collaboration with ECLAS
- To facilitate photography and videography for use in advertising, communications, and production of science-engaged theology resources.
- Assisting in the administration of conferences
- Develop detailed programmes to plan and monitor timelines of communications outputs and outcomes with associated budgets and reporting
- Liaise effectively with and enable other members of the project team
- Develop and maintain relationships with external suppliers and contractors as needed (e.g., PR support, digital support)
- Prepare quarterly reports; participate in scheduled electronic and face-to-face meetings including presentation of research results
- Monitor and log team media appearances
- Maintenance of project media
- Project website (via WordPress)
- Project blog
- Social media (including Twitter)
- Monthly newsletter (via Mailchimp)
- Occasional press releases (e.g., grant awards, exciting research)
Work will mainly be at St John’s College in Durham but travel offsite for meetings and events around the UK will be necessary.
How to apply
Download the full role description and person specification here: Comms Manager JD
Your application should include:
- Letter of application, indicating how you fulfil the criteria listed in the person specification
- Current CV
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please include “Comms Position” in the subject line.
For an informal telephone conversation about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm 1st February 2023.
Interviews are expected to be held on 10th February 2023.